Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rafe's Room
















One day I finally decided to bear down and get Rafe's room started. So I got into the Focus and traveled to the local K-Mart and picked out a crib that would be good for the little guy. After loading it into the trunk of the Focus and seemingly straining my back getting it in and out of the car I finally got it into Rafe's room to start the building process. I was very surprised to find out that this crib required a degree in engineering to put together. After about three or four hours I finally got the thing together and I was able to relax and see the finished product as a whole. I also picked up some paint at Home Depot earlier and we were able to give Rafe's room an accent wall of some type of orange color that has a sophisticated term to describe a pale looking orange. Included are some of the pictures of assembly and the painting process that Kim and I went through.

2 comments:

  1. Thats so exciting! Putting together kids stuff does seem too complicated sometimes. Glad you got it figured out. Now, not only does he have great parents, but a nice room to come home too! :) Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! It was difficult but I am just happy that I didn't put it off any longer or wait until the last minute like I normally do on most things! Kim have some shelf ideas that she wants in there so sometime soon I'm sure we will be adding to the room! Yah!

    ReplyDelete