Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Relaxing Weekend
















This weekend was a nice time to just relax. Every month they offer a free round of 18 holes of golf at the local golf complex. They offer it on one flex Friday a month and it just so happened that this past weekend was the day it landed on. So a friend of mine here, Brian, and another friend from work, Kennie, and his wife, Cindy, all went and got to play 18. It was a nice relaxing time and I actually won the whole game by one shot. It was a nice accomplishment but it was even nicer just to get out on the green and be able to just relax. Don't be alarmed by the photos of me and Brian golfing there was actually a thing available on the phone to try to capture us in motion. So what you are seeing is the golf club being swung and you can kind of see a before and after portion of the swing! I thought it was kind of cool! That and you see Brian's finger in the photo of me swinging. The following day I actually mustered the courage to finally tackle climbing a mountain. I climbed our local mountain, which is only 3,000+ feet, and it was a nice challenge to make it up there. The pictures that are included are of us playing golf and the view from "B Mountain". It was a great weekend and it provided a much needed distraction, for me, to the events that have been swirling around our newly developing family. Hope you guys can enjoy the view as much as I did. It was breath-taking to realize that all the hard work I put into climbing was rewarded with the miraculous view of the land that was laid out before me! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment